There’s never been a better time to start a podcast. Podcast listeners continue to grow each year, and there are over 30 million podcast episodes as of April 2020. Starting a podcast can be a great way to share your ideas, connect with others, and learn more about a topic.
Anchor, part of the Spotify family, is the world's largest podcasting platform and makes it easy for anyone to make a podcast. With its free platform available on mobile and web, Anchor provides easy-to-use creative tools, free unlimited content hosting, and distribution across all major listening platforms.
Anchor is also the official podcast hosting platform for My RØDE Cast 2020!
My RØDE Cast is our annual podcasting competition. Submit a 1-2 minute mini-episode for a chance to win a share of $150,000 in prizes. Find out more here and enter now – entries close Tuesday, June 16th.
Below, we'll be looking at 5 ways Anchor makes podcasting easier, whether you’re an experienced podcaster or just starting out. For podcasting gear tips, check out our equipment solutions page.
Record From Anywhere
- Record episodes wherever you are by using the Anchor mobile app for iPhone, Android, or iPad. Or flip open your laptop and use the desktop website. No extra equipment is required to record, but if you want to take your sound to the next level, the platform is readily compatible with USB microphones (like the NT-USB Mini – read more about recording podcasts with the NT-USB Mini here), or you can record using whatever set-up you like and import the audio or video file.
- Edit audio on the go right from the app, or use the editing software of your choice. You’re in complete control of your audio, giving your podcast the perfect sound.
Record With Anyone, Even if They’re Remote
Get Your Show Heard Everywhere
- Anchor takes care of distributing your podcast everywhere people are listening, so you can spend less time navigating technical logistics and more time focusing on your show. With just a single click, you can get your podcast on Spotify, Apple Podcasts, Google Podcasts, and more—while retaining 100% ownership of your content.
Connect With Your Audience
- Spread the word about your podcast via text, email, Snapchat, Twitter, and more.
- Hook new listeners and market your podcast by turning your 1-minute audio clips into animated videos that are ready for sharing on social.
- No matter where your listeners are, even if they don’t have the app, they can send you Voice Messages that you can add directly into your next episode.
- Automatically generate a beautiful landing page for your podcast where listeners can listen to your episodes, follow you on social media, and stay connected with your show.
Grow Your Show
- On your dashboard, you’ll find detailed analytics so you can learn about who’s listening and how your episodes are performing.
- Find out which segments are keeping people engaged—and where listeners are dropping off—using episode dropoff charts based on second-by-second streaming data from Spotify.
- Understand your audience and identify opportunities for growth using demographics that let you know the location and podcasting platform where people are listening and the aggregated age and gender of Spotify listeners.
- Analytics are available on mobile and web, so you can track your success no matter where you are.
Sign up for Anchor for free to start your podcast today! Visit anchor.fm to learn more.
Anchor is the official podcast hosting platform for My RØDE Cast. Submit a 1-2 minute podcast for a chance to win a share of $150,000 in podcast prizes! Entries are currently open and close by 12PM (AEST) on Tuesday, June 16th. Check out the My RØDE Cast website for details.