Head of Supply Chain and ERP
- Sydney, Australia
At RØDE Microphones we are Passionate about Audio
Want to work for one of the fastest-growing, most innovative manufacturer-exporters in audio technology in the world today? Are you interested in using your expertise to challenge yourself and the industry, designing and building precision tools of creativity for a hungry world market?
Part of The Freedman Group, RØDE is a leading manufacturer of high-quality microphones and audio equipment, which can be found in studios, venues, on-location, and in the hands of creatives in every corner of the world. Our products are designed and primarily manufactured by our industry-leading team in Sydney and are exported to over 119 countries globally through more than 6000 dealers, including Amazon, Best Buy, Sweetwater, Guitar Center, Thomann and JB Hi-Fi. Our employees are passionate, hard working, talented and are pivotal to our success.
In 2020 we are transforming the way our Manufacturing, Assembly and Logistics teams work. If you are interested in pursuing a unique opportunity to work with one of the most exciting, forward-thinking companies in Australia, inspiring millions of people around the world to realise their creative vision, apply today. We want you!
Your responsibilities will include the following;
- Develop the strategic operations and supply chain plan, defining the future state needs of the organization to enable growth, and ensuring that planning, scheduling, inventory, warehousing, and logistics networks are robust and flexible enough to meet those needs.
- Manage the monthly Sales & Operations Planning process, ensuring alignment of production plans, component, and assembly supplies meet the weekly demand plan.
- Partners with Purchasing to build efficiency into the inventory, fulfillment, and warehouse functions as the company scales.
- Working with all integrated manufacturing teams to ensure the MRP and Capacity based factory schedules are supportive of the companies continued growth.
- Utilize a team of ERP resources to identify solutions that deliver cost savings in the operations and streamline business processes.
- Proactively manages relationships with logistics solutions providers to drive warehousing and shipping process efficiency and cost savings.
- Creates effective KPIs for operations processes and communicates performance to plan with staff and senior leadership on a regular basis
- Development of forecasts and demand plans across multiple product platforms.
- Utilize a collaborative and consensus approach by working with Sales, Marketing and Finance to obtain and ensure that current and accurate information is used for demand plans.
- Accountable for overall global forecast and demand plan accuracy and other related operations service metrics through management of all functional demand and supply planning processes.
- Ensure that the forecast, demand and supply plans are shared/received in the format, level of detail and timing required by all internal customers and supply chain partners.
- Development and implementation of the inventory tracking and management process to monitor, report, and minimize inventory liability throughout the global supply chain.
- Develop and implement strategies for achieving and maintaining lean inventory levels throughout the entire supply chain
- Accountable for the supply chain team’s initiative in achieving and maintaining on hand inventory levels below an agreed number of Days of stock
We will provide you with the tools and environment to enable you to be successful, but you will be required to;
- Bachelor's Degree or relevant tertiary qualification (business, logistics, supply chain preferred)
- Proven track record in Supply Chain management
- Proven experience in leading and developing a team
- Expert in ERP systems, if you are a Syspro expert that will be very desirable
- Exceptional communication and presentation skills
- Deep commercial understanding
- High attention to detail and ability to multi-task
- CPIM and/or APICS certification or equivalent designation a plus
- 10+ years of experience with a demonstrated knowledge of global supply chain concepts and best practices.
- 10+ years of experience in manufacturing with FMCG or High Tech preferred
- 5+ years of management experience
- Experience in Forecasting, Demand Planning, Supply Planning, Procurement, Warehouse, Logistics, and Materials Management
- Demonstrated knowledge and skills in MRP, JIT, Six Sigma, Lean Mfg., Kan Ban, and Vendor-Managed Inventory
- Track record of experience in complex programs including but not limited to electronics, injection moulding, progressive tooled metal stamping, light assembly, wireless
- Experience in developing and implementing global supply chain strategies.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, with a proven ability to understand key concepts and communicate with business stakeholders
- Strong analytical, data-processing and problem-solving skills
- Experience in managing global supply chains with high SKU variability and direct fulfillment strategy a plus
- Meet deadlines and work under pressure, with limited supervision
- Experience with quantitative and qualitative data analysis, including business process metrics and measures linking to business KPIs
- Extensive experience with MPS/MRP systems
- Proficient in Excel and PowerPoint
- Significant Lean experience
- Experience working with (and implementing) ERP systems and tools
Our campus is designed to create an atmosphere which reflects our love of cutting edge technology, collaboration, and our deep connection to music, film and all things audio. Our production facilities are cutting-edge and are constantly expanding as we increase our capability with new manufacturing technologies and processes. RØDE’s investment in our in-house capability is aggressive, unmatched in the industry. Our plant boasts the finest technologies in metal engineering and production, Surface-Mount Technology electronics production, military grade finishing, plastic-injection mould manufacture, and a brand-new, best-practice toolmaking facility.
RØDE Microphones values diversity in the workplace and encourages applications from people of all genders, ages and backgrounds.